Arapaho Road Animal Clinic
Email pictures of your furry friends in costume to firstname.lastname@example.org and be entered to win a FREE exam + bloodwork! The winner will be announced after Halloween!
October – Animal Safety & Protection This month (and every month) is a time to recognize safety measures you should take to protect your pet and ensure they are healthy. Check out the below safety tips:
- Be proactive. Keep all your pets up to date on immunizations.
- Pet-proof your home. Remove or secure choking hazards and toxic chemicals. Make your home pet-friendly and safe.
- Identify your animals. Place tags securely on collars and even label collars with your contact information. If you have more uncommon pets, take pictures in the event they get loose.
- In a disaster, have a plan. Who will be responsible for locating each animal in the house? How will you transport them? If it is a fire, human life takes priority. However, place decals on windows and doors with the number of humans and each kind and number of pets residing in the home. Keep them up to date.
- Learn basic first aid. Caring for your animal at home will prevent a minor injury from becoming severe. Always call your veterinarian if you are unsure.
- Know your animal. If your animal’s behavior changes, watch for signs of illness. Is he injured or spent too much time in the heat? Contact your veterinarian before giving human over-the-counter medications.
Wellness ExamsYour pet can benefit greatly from regular wellness examinations or checkups. Whether your pet is a youngster, a “senior citizen,” or any age in between, wellness examinations provide an excellent opportunity for us to conduct a thorough physical examination and develop a health profile for your pet. This information will help us identify medical problems...
Spay & NeuterSpaying is a surgical procedure that renders your female dog or cat infertile. This procedure involves the removal of your pet’s ovaries and uterus, and is performed under a general anesthetic. Neutering is a surgical procedure that renders your male dog or cat infertile. This procedure involves the removal of your pet’s testicles, and is...
Dental CareDespite what many pet owners may believe, “dog breath” is not just a nuisance – it’s a sign of an unhealthy mouth. Bad breath is caused by bacteria. Over time, bacteria leads to plaque and tartar buildup on your pet’s teeth. The result is bad breath, reddened gums, and other common signs of dental disease....
Years in Existence
Our Clients Love Us!
The staff here has so far been sweet and very gentle with my greyhound, and gives her rubs and treats when doing something that might normally scare her, like shots or getting her nails trimmed. Everyone seems so good natured and happy to keep pets happy. I love it.
Best Vets in this area!!! Everything is 10 Stars plus!! The Vets know what they are doing.